Optimization and automation can make production processes more efficient, shorten throughput times and improve the quality of products. However, the first task manufacturing companies are facing is to identify internal production processes with promising potential for optimization and automation. Gaining an overview of suitable, commercially available technologies and providing capacities for the creation of integration concepts offer additional challenges. Together with companies, Fraunhofer IPT not only analyzes which optimization and automation potentials they can exploit in the future, but also develops feasible concepts for integrating new technologies.
Our range of services
- Analysis of existing processes and applied manufacturing technologies as well as derivation of optimization potentials
- Screening of commercially available technologies for process optimization and automation
- Concept development for the integration of new technologies into the existing production
- Comparison by determining the cost-benefit ratio
- 3D modelling and simulation of the concepts
- Drafting of a project roadmap for the systematic implementation of the developed concept