The additive production of individualized and complex components no longer only polarizes the industrial market, but also has an impact on consumers and end users. We are further developing wire-based Laser Metal Deposition (LMD-w) to manufacture metallic components as an alternative to the better-known powder-based processes, one that not only is environmentally friendly, but also uses material efficiently. Originally designed for wear protection, LMD-w uses a laser to melt wire and deposits it in layers on the surface of the component.
With our specially developed CAD/CAM software, we control and regulate the process and, thus, build the desired component layer by layer. A wide range of different standardized cored wires, solid wires and special laser wires are available when the wire filler material has to be selected, material that can be processed very cost-effectively and produce high-quality components.
Our services at a glance
- Feasibility studies for wired-based laser metal deposition
- Process development and manufacturing
- Additive production of small series on customer order
- Implementation of wire-based laser metal deposition in existing process chains
- Construction of systems for wire-based laser metal deposition
- Integration of laser and wire feeding systems in machine tools