Research Project "AdaptAR"
The aim of the joint project "AdaptAR" is to reduce the high effort required to create individualized instructions:
Instructions that are used in the life cycle of a product are often still created and published on paper today. They are mostly created manually and at the beginning of the product life cycle. For a large number of different products, such information is therefore not geared to the actual needs of the users and the concrete situation. It is therefore generally not possible to add missing information or make changes to the products described.
With the help of such complex manuals it is therefore difficult for users to find the right answers to individual questions about their product. The abundance of information means that users have to rely on the help of experts more often than necessary. The highly individualized production requires ever new manuals, which have to be created with great effort for all use cases in the product's life cycle.
The "AdaptAR" project aims to reduce the high financial outlay required to create instructions and to provide individual instructions for each product.
Subgoals in the project are therefore:
- Definition and design of a Smart Service for the automatic generation of context-, user- and life cycle-related assembly, repair and other instructions
- Definition and design of a digital twin to provide all necessary data and information
- Design of the interface between human and digital twin in Augmented Reality with the possibility of voice input and output of information and instructions
- Definition and design of a smart service platform that enables the transformation of information from all relevant software systems for the generation of instructions
- Legally compliant design of all project results to ensure the transfer of the results