Investments in manufacturing generate significant benefits for productivity, flexibility, quality and the overall performance of production processes and resources. Often, however, decisions to invest in equipment and operating resources are based on short-term budget considerations and not sufficiently focussed on long-term objectives.
The scientific process for the derivation of an Investment Road Map – which was developed at the Fraunhofer IPT and has already been successfully applied by multiple client companies – is an instrument for long-term, sustainable investment planning. It takes into account the technological, but also the economic and strategic requirements of a company. Based on our analysis of these requirements, we subsequently develop manufacturing strategies and a company-specific Road Map for sustainable investments. This Road Map determines whether and, if yes, when and in what form replacement investments, new investments or divestments may be advisable or even necessary.
- Analysis of technological and process-specific requirements
- Detailed work piece analysis of your component range
- Benchmark-based assessment of your machinery’s performance potential
- Manufacturing strategy for the mechanical production of your tool manufacturing operation
- Detailed Road Map for the implementation of investment measures