Online sessions / December 01, 2020 - November 16, 2021
Digital Aachen Polymer Optics Days
The Digital Aachen Polymer Optics Days are an online event series, which consists of the conference sessions of the original face-to-face event. The thematic sessions, like the original conference, are designed to focus on technologies and applications related to optical plastics manufacturing.
The event series consists of the following 5 sessions:
- Injection molded optics (December 1, 2020)
- Materials in optics manufacturing (February 24, 2021)
- Tool and mold making for optical applications (May 18, 2021)
- Metrology for optical components (September 1, 2021)
- Optical systems (November 16, 2021)
The thematic sessions are divided into specialist presentations by speakers from international companies such as Covestro Deutschland AG, SABIC Innovative Plastics BV, BASF Coatings GmbH, Röhm GmbH, Ametek GmbH, 3D AG, KraussMaffei Technologies GmbH, UVEX Arbeitsschutz GmbH, Wilhelm Weber GmbH & Co. KG, Phasics S.A., Mahr GmbH, WaveOptics Ltd.
Following the presentation part, a networking and discussion round will be moderated by the EPIC - European Photonics Industry Consortium, which offers participants the opportunity to address interdisciplinary questions and interests. The language of presentation and discussion at the event will be English.
The Digital Aachen Polymer Optics Days series is a joint event of the three research institutes:
- Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT
- Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology ILT
- IKV – Institute for Plastics Processing in Industry and Craft at RWTH Aachen University of Technology
The Aachen Polymer Optics Days conference is planned for spring 2022 as a face-to-face event. Further information on this event can be found on our event overview.