3rd Steel Polishing Workshop in Aachen – Intense exchange of information about steel polishing
On November 19 and 20, 2012 Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT, Halmstad University (Sweden) and the steel manufacturers Uddeholms AB Sweden and Uddeholm Deutschland GmbH will be holding again a two-day workshop for the intense exchange of information about tool steel polishing. Industrial and scientific experts will be reporting on their experiences, on the state-of-the-art and the outlook for the future.
Industry and research focusing on polishing technologies
The aim of the workshop is to discuss current issues with the participants and determine the perspectives for new research objectives. As in the previous workshops in 2008 and 2010 the organizers will encourage the intense exchange of practical experiences between scientists and users of polishing technologies.
The workshop is divided in four sessions, and will be held by speakers of research and industrial organizations who will focus on the manual and the automated polishing process as well as on questions to metrology, design and the material. Discussions in small groups will help to pose new research questions and perspectives centered around steel polishing issues.
The workshop is limited to 50 participants to ensure the workshop character. The participation fee (170 Euro) covers the workshop transcript, meals and refreshments during the day and a joint dinner in stylish surroundings. The workshop will be held in English.
170 € (incl. workshop documentation, lunch, refreshments, dinner on the evening of the first day)
- Arne Kretschmer, Fraunhofer IPT, Aachen, Germany
- Peter Falk, Polerteknik ApS, Rudkøbing, Denmark
- Swen Freeth, quada V+F Laserschweißdraht GmbH, Schwerte, Germany
- Dr. Edgar Willenborg, Fraunhofer ILT, Aachen, Germany
- Prof. Rainer Börret, Hochschule Aalen, Aalen, Germany
- Titus Gotthardt, Fraunhofer IPT, Aachen, Germany
- Tony Arquisch, INSYS Industriesysteme AG, Münsingen Switzerland
- Prof. Bengt-Göran Rosén, Halmstad University, Halmstad, Sweden
- Gerard Beseotto, Visuol Technologies, Metz, France
- Prof. Lars Eriksson, Jönköping University, Jönköping, Sweden
- Martin Bergman, Halmstad University, Halmstad, Sweden
- Paul Wallach, IKV Aachen, Aachen, Germany
- Anders Ullgren, Uddeholms AB, Hagfors, Sweden