This data protection information will inform you about the processing of your personal data that we collect from you in connection with your participation in the seminar “In 7 Steps to a Successful AI Implementation” (hereinafter: event). Your personal data will be processed in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations.
Telephone: +49 (0)89 1205- 0
Fax: +49 (0)89 1205-7531
The corporate data protection officer at Fraunhofer may be reached at the above-mentioned address in Munich, c/o Data Protection Officer or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Surname, first name,
- Payment information, depending on the selected method of payment (e.g. credit cards, bank account information), and
- Email address.
The purpose of processing the mandatory data is to identify you as event participant, to check the provided data for plausibility, to reserve a spot for your participation and to establish a contractual relationship with you.
We also require your data in order to prepare name badges and lists of participants for other participants, as applicable, and to supply you with event information before, during, and after the event. This is done to ensure optimal participation for you and to allow us to plan the event and ensure that it goes smoothly.
Further information, such as position, telephone, and declaration of listing on list of participation can be provided voluntarily. Voluntary data allow us to plan and conduct the event in accordance with participants’ interests.
We will use your email address to inform you about similar events organized by us in the future only if you have expressly consented to this use of your email address or if we have informed you thereof separately when collecting your email address and have pointed out your right to object to this use at any time. To the extent that this use is not based on consent, the processing takes place on the basis of Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. We have a legitimate interest in notifying our participants of other events also organized by us.
To accept event registrations from our online visitors, we have commissioned the service provider mailingwork GmbH, Birkenweg 7, 09569 Oederan (‘mailingwork). The purpose of working with the service provider is the professional management of online registrations. This service requires storing the collected data on the servers of Machine Company GmbH in Germany.
We have entered into a data processing agreement with mailingwork. By signing this contract with us, mailingwork agrees to process the data on our behalf pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and to ensure that the rights of the data subjects are protected.
If you register using an online form on our website, please also see our data protection information, accessible at https://www.ipt.fraunhofer.de/en/data_protection.html, that explains which data are already collected and processed as soon as you visit our website.
AWR (foreign trade laws)
Moreover, as a research institution, we are subject to various requirements pursuant to foreign trade regulations (among them Council Regulation (EC) No 2580/2001). In order to properly comply with these statutory requirements, we use your first and last names along with your address and date of birth in order, among other things, to carry out sanction list screening. The processing is done pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. We have a legitimate interest in processing these data in this respect since otherwise, as the controller, we may be threatened with legal consequences.
In the context of the event, you have the option to register to receive our regular newsletter. You can do this either online when registering for the event or directly at the event itself by entering your email address in a form intended for this purpose.
Once you have subscribed, you will receive a registration notification by email, which you need to confirm to receive the newsletter (so-called double opt-in). Your email response serves as confirmation that you are in fact the person who initiated the subscription.
You may unsubscribe at any time, e.g. via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you may also unsubscribe by email via email@example.com.
Your email address is erased without delay after you withdraw your consent to receive the newsletter, unless you have consented to storage beyond that pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR or unless such storage is necessary, pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR, for the performance of the contract.
c) Photos and videos
Furthermore, the images will be published for the purpose of post-event reporting on our media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram or our website. This processing is required in particular to document and promote our event.
Your personal data are disclosed to third parties where legally permissible and required, pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR, for the performance of the contracts and agreements with you. This includes in particular disclosure of the data to event partners for the purpose of planning and holding the event as well as disclosure of payment data to our payment service provider or financial institutions in order to process registration fee payments. Third parties may use the transferred data for the above-mentioned purposes only.
b) For additional purposes
- you have given consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR, or
- in the event that there is a legal requirement for disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. c GDPR.
- pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR, to withdraw your consent at any time. This means that we may not continue the data processing based on this consent in the future;
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, to obtain access to your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, and the envisaged period for which the data will be stored. Moreover, you have the right to request rectification, erasure, or restriction of processing, to object to processing, the right to lodge a complaint, and to obtain information about the source of your data if they were not collected by us, as well as about the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about the logic involved;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to obtain the rectification of inaccurate data or the completion of your personal data without undue delay;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to obtain the erasure of personal data saved by us unless processing is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to obtain restriction of processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of the personal data, or if we no longer need the personal data but you still require the data for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims, or if you have filed an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request the transmission of those data to another controller and
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Generally, you may contact the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or the registered offices of our organization.
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR if reasons exist for doing so that are based on your special situation or if the objection relates to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, with which we will comply without you having to provide information about a special situation.
If you would like to assert your right to object, an email to firstname.lastname@example.org will suffice.