Our many years of industrial experience and direct connection between research and technology development enable us to pass on our know-how to companies in the toolmaking sector. In individual projects, we offer advice on purely technological issues as well as on the economic effects of manufacturing processes within the company.
As "Toolmaking" Business Unit of the Fraunhofer IPT, we have comprehensive technological know-how in the field of toolmaking and are broadly networked in the industry. At the same time, we develop and optimize technologies, are experts in manufacturing details and always have a profound understanding of technology, even when new trends arise.
Example topics for consulting projects
- Technology selection, deployment and optimization
- Cost reduction by shortening process chains
- Tool-life extension
- Surface treatment and finishing
- Assessment of technological performance and design of competitive process chains
- Automation of one-of-a-kind production of highly complex components