Optics and optics components are central to a number of engineering products. The trend to integrate as many diverse functions as possible in one perfectly coordinated system continues unabated. At the same time however, systems of this nature are required to be ever more compact and the individual components more efficient. The complexity of this optimization process becomes apparent when not only the technical function of individual parts but also the efficiency of their manufacture comes under scrutiny.
In the Optics business unit, we focus all of our expertise on the production and evaluation of complex optical components and systems. We have each stage of the production process covered throughout the entire supply chain – starting with the design of optical systems and culminating in final qualification.
- Tools and mold inserts alongside coating systems for replicating optics,
- Process and material development for direct optics
- Software for ultra-precision manufacture of complex geometries,
- Automated assembly of optical systems and
- Metrological characterization of the components produced using customized sensor and measuring